Pet Food LifelLine is a 501c3 non-profit organization currently based out of Bayside Queens, New York.
Founded in 2015 by Gregg P. Sullivan, our mission is to help mitigate the problem of euthanasia of animals in shelters and help supply pet food to as many shelters and foster care givers as we can.
*We are currently starting in the New York Metro Area and Long Island but we hope to grow to help shelters in other parts of the country as quickly as possible. Our ability to grow and help save animals lives in New York and around the country is directly proportional to the donations we receive.
- The intake of animals into shelters each year is 8 million animals – half of which never make it out and are euthanized.
That’s over 4 million animals, beautiful dogs and cats, puppies and kittens, being put to sleep each year – often in unspeakable ways.
- The total capacity of every dog and cat shelter in the US is only 500,000 animals.
- The average monthly cost for a shelter to feed a dog is $80 and for a cat $40.
- It costs an estimated $2 billion dollars yearly to round up, house, feed, kill and dispose of homeless animals.
- Dogs and cats need about 1.9 million pounds of food in shelters alone per year.
- There are 61 shelters on Long Island alone with an even greater number of adoption centers and fosters in addition to that.
America has a problem with how we care for our animals.
It’s time for an upgrade to find solutions to these problems.